REBECCA’S CLOTHING BUSINESS REPORT FOR 14/11/2018
|S/N||NMAE OF ITEM||QUANTITY||COST PRICE (NAIRA)||SELLING PRICE(NAIRA)||PROFIT||REMARK|
|1.||PLAIN PARTERN AT UGHELLI||3||1000 EACH(3,000.00)||2,000.00 EACH (6,000.00)||3,000.00|
|2.||GUNEA CAMPALA (FROM ABEOKUTA ITOKU MARKET)||1||4,000.00||5,000.00||1,000.00|
|3.||CAMPALA PATIC||2||2,000.00 EACH (4,000.00)||3,000.00 EACH(6,000.00)||2,000.00|
|4.||1 GOWN CAMPALA||1||2,000.00||3,000.00||1,000.00|
|5.||7 TOPS(CAMPALA)||7||1,000.00 EACH (7,000.00)||14,000.00||7,000.00|
|6.||ATIKU( PLAIN & PARTERN CAMPALA)||1||1,5000.00||2,500.00||1,000.00|
|7.||AT MARINA MARKET IN LAGOS
|7||1,000.00EACH (7,000.00)||2,000.00 EACH(14,000.00)||7,000.00|
|8.||2 LONG GOWN||2||1,600.00 (3,200.00)||2,000.00 EACH(4,000.00)||800.00|
|10.||ATIKU||2(10YARDS)||2,250.00 EACH (5,000.00)||4,000.00 EACH(8,000.00)||3,000.00|
|12.||WRAPPER BATIC||6||1,050.00 EACH (6,300.00)||2,000.00||5,700.00|
|15||1 SCHOOL DRESS||2YARDS||1,000.00||AS ABOVE|
- TRANSPORT EXPENSES
|S/N||FROM||TO||TRANSPORT FAIRE (NAIRA)||REMARK|
|1.||PORT HARCOURT||IBADAN (13/11/2018)||4,550.00||I FOLLOWED IBADAN IN OTHER TO MEET WITH MARKET IN ITOKU IN DAY TIME|
|2.||IBADAN||ABEOKUTA (14/11/2018)||800.00 + 300TAXI=1,200.00|
|3.||ABEOKUTA||LAGOS- Lafenwa-Abule Egba=800 =200 taxi
To iju ishaga=100.00 etc
From iju ishaga to ikeja to Marine market to meet sister Aderoju who took me to Marina market Total cost
|Total transport faire =2,100.00||I CALLED SISTER ADEROJU WHO WAS SERVED IN SHELL TOO DURING OUR YOUTH SERVICE CORPS WHEN IGOT TO ITOKU MARKET IN ABEOKUTA AND DISCOVERED THAT THINGS WERE TOO COSTLY COMPARED TO 3YRS BACK. THAT WHY I DID NOT BUY MUCH THINGS IN ABEOKUTA AND WENT TO LAGOS BECAUSE THAT WAS THE DAY SHE GAVE ME SHE WILL BE AVAILABLE TO TAKE ME TO MARKET IN LAGOS WHERE I BOUGHT THOSE THINGS|
Total cost for item bought = 48,500.00
Transport = 12,600.00 (maximum of 15,000.00)
Personal school item = 3,400.00
Miscellaneous (feeding & other) = 6,000.00
Total spent =70,500.00
Capital + profit =106,200.00
CHALLENGES IN THE BUSINESS
- IT WAS NOT THE WAY I THOUGHT IT WILL BE I MET MARKET AT ITOKU MARKET IN ABEOKUTA OGUN STATE.
- THUS I WENT TO AS FAR AS LAGOS AGAIN LOOKING FOR CHEAPER THINGS.
- I GET TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE SUPPOSE TO GO TO BALOGUN MARKET WHERE THINGS ARE CHEAPER THAN MARINA MARKET, THIS I KNOW WHEN I WAS DISCUSSING WITH ONE OF THE PASSENGERS THAT WERE IN THE SAME VEHICLE WITH ME AND ALSO IN BUSINESS TRIP, WHEN I WAS COMING BACK TO PORTHARCOURT.
- COST OF TRANSPORT FAIRE AND FEEDING EXPENSES CONTRIBUTE TO LOW PROFIT MADE FROM THE BUSINESS.
- CUSTOMERS’ INABILITY TO PAY ON TIME TO MEET UP TO PURCHASE ANOTHER GOODS FOR SALE CONTRIBUTED TO RUNDOWN OF THIS CLOTHING BUSINESS. UP TILL NOW 3 PEOPLE ARE STILL OWING ME.
- HOWEVER, I WAS ABLE TO PAY MY DAUGHTER 1ST TERM SCHOOL FEES. THIS ALSO CONTRIBUTED FOR ME NOT TO USE THE MONEY I MADE FROM THE BUSINESS TO CONTINUE.
- IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT THOSE GOODS I BOUGHT IN LAGOS ARE AVAILABLE IN ABA, ABIA STATE AND AT CHEAPER OR THE SAME PRICE. (BECAUSE I WNET TO MILE 1 MARKET IN PORT HARCOURT, MEET THE SAME MATERIALS AT LOWER PRICE THAN WHAT I BOUGHT IN LAGOS.)
- I was able to purchase some required items for my child’s school.
- I was able to pay her 1st term school fees in the course of this clothing business.
- The item was sold within one Month (though collection back os sold goods was difficult)
Thank you ma I appreciate your efforts. I thought I have sent this report but I discovered that I typed it out in cybercafé and did not send it.
The call from Aunty Femi made me to go back to the cybercafé, and all what I typed was not there again, hence this retyped.
God be with you bless you greatly and make you more happier in JESUS NAME. This is from your beloved Rebecca, please accept me as I AM.